Helically Coiled Inserts are precision formed from a diamond shaped wire made out of 18-8 stainless steel (type 302/304). They are work hardened to a tensile strength above 200,000 to 250,00 P.S.I. and a hardness of Rc 43-50. The finished surface (8-16 micro inches) is smooth, which eliminates friction induced thread erosion. When installed into a tapped hole, the insert provides permanent conventional screw threads.
Helically Coiled Coil-Sert® Inserts are precison formed from a diamond shaped wire Screw Thread Inserts are available in Standard (Free Running ) and Screw-Lok Type.
Coil-Sert® Inserts are manufactured for:
- Unified National Coarse (UNC)
- Unified National Fine (UNF)
- Pipe Thread
- Spark Plug
- Twin Insert
- Oversized Insert
- 8-Thread Pitch
Coil-Sert® Helically wound inserts are generally made from:
- 304 Stainless Steel For General Application
- Inconel X-750 Used in areas exposed to high temperatures, non-magnetic
- Phosphorous Bronze Ideal for salt water applications, non magnetic
- Nitronic 60® Gall Resistant, compatible with stainless steel screws, particle free and non-magnetic
Plating and Coatings
- Dry Film Lubricant Provides additional lubrication in high friction applications, High temperature resistance 400° mildly corrosive, material Spec :AS5272, Color : Gray.
- Cadmium Plating Military specifications purposes, cadium plating material, material spec :QQ-P-416, Type B, Color : Iridescent Yellow (Free-Running), Color: Olive (screw-locking)
- Silver Plating Reduce galling of threads at high temperature, for use up 1200°F,Material Spec:QQ-S-365, Color : Silver –White.
- Primer Free Contains no chromates, Eliminates need to zinc primers and epoxies, prevents galvanic corrosion between insert and parent material.